Sunday, April 11, 2010

True Grit set in Granger grows as start date nears

UPDATE: See newer pix here.

I took another quick peek at the True Grit set in Fort Smith, ur, Granger today. One week after my last visit (when I thought it was pretty much complete) there are lots of new buildings that have been constructed--they are the smaller, free-standing structures you'll see here. I also noted a woman guarding what appears to be a corral being built (see second photo). Click on the photos to enlarge, then you'll be able to read some of the new signage. You can compare these to photos I took only a week ago.

According to this article, Granger's red brick road will be covered in a deep layer of dirt. The word I'm getting is the start of filming has been pushed back until at least April 26. Welcome back to Texas, Joel and Ethan Coen.











No comments: