Wednesday, February 7, 2007
SXSW gets local
The South By Southwest Film Festival will include a bunch of Texas-made films including Werner Campbell and Bob Ray's long-awaited (Werner says it's like being pregnant for five years and the water's finally about to burst) roller derby doc Hell on Wheels, which rumor has it will include a kick-ass soundtrack.
Also on the bill:
* ELVIS & ANABELLE, the latest from Burnt Orange Productions, the University of Texas film arm, will have its world premiere.
* The new documentary feature INSIDE THE CIRCLE from Marcy Garriott will have its world premiere in the Lone Star States section.
* THIRD WARD, TX, the new documentary feature by Andrew Garrison will screen in the Lone Star States section.
* THE UNFORESEEN, the new documentary feature from Laura Dunn will screen in the Lone Star States section, continuing its festival run after its world premiere at the 2007
Sundance Film Festival.
* The new documentary feature WEAVING WORLDS from Bennie Klain will have its world premiere in the Lone Star States section.
* AUGUST EVENING, the first narrative feature from Chris Eska will have a Special Screening.
What do most of these films have in common? They received Texas Filmmakers' Production Fund grants from the Austin Film Society.
The whole fest looks great, and I'm hoping my son doesn't pop out until after it's done! Check out the full lineup.